Dalkeith & Newbattle Golf Club 1896 to 1934
The old Dalkeith Golf Club ( Formed in 1880 ) did not have a course of their own until 1896 when the Name changed to Dalkeith & Newbattle golf club, and a course laid out on the Kings Lines. The club then moved to their present location in 1934 and changed name again to Newbattle Golf Club Ltd.
Dalkeith from Golfing Annual 1889
When club was playing at Musselburgh
Dalkeith Golf Club, Instituted 1880.
Entrance Fee, Ten Shillings ; Annual Subscription Five Shillings ; Number of Members, 32. Captain Charles Craig. Committee Dr. Ballaiityue, Dr. Lucas, 190 The Golfing Annual.
A. Dods, and A. McLennan. Secretary Charles Guild, Dalkeith. Home Green Musselburgh Links. Club Prizes. Gold Medal (scratch), played for in November ; and 'Silver Medal (handicap), played for in April.
Prize Winners in 1888. Gold Medal: H. F. Caldwell. S'.l-er
Medal : Rev. A. Hunter