Galashiels Golf Club - 1. Instituted 1884. A 9-hole course laid round Appletreeleaves House and alongside the Ladhope Burn.
In 1895 a breakaway group founded Torwoodlee Golf Club and, at a special meeting, the Galashiels club was disbanded in 1897, when it was agreed that all assets and trophies would be handed over to Torwoodlee. In 1912 the current Galashiels GC was formed on the Ladhope Estate.