Gleniffer Golf Club. Instituted 1906 as Braehead GC, then Gleniffer until at least 1910.
“The course. of eighteen holes. Is a mile and a quarter from Potterhill Station, and a mile from the tramways. The soil is dry and well wooded with pines.”
Paisley golf club
Glasgow Herald March 25th, 1895
A golf club to be called the Paisley golf club has just been formed in town, and a course has been fixed on in the vicinity at Bushes Farm, at the foot of Glenifer Braes. At a meeting of the members the plans for the club-house, prepared by Mr T.G. Abercrombie, architect, Paisley, were submitted and approved of. The building will be constructed of wood, painted green, with brick foundations, and roofed with red tile. In front there will be a large verandha, and behind this will be a common room measuring 20 ft 9 inches by 13ft 6 inches, while in the rear of this will be the gentlemen’s room, 15ft 9inches by 14ft in extent, and also a ladies room of the same dimensions. The back portion of the house will include a kitchen and lavatory accommodation.