Cessnock Castle which was adjacent to the golf course
Galston Golf Club. Founded 1895. A 9-hole course on three fields of Cessnock Farm,on the Sorn Road, west of Cessnock Castle, and close to the station.
Last recorded 1898.
On 10th November, 1908, twelve Galston gentlemen met in the library room of the Brown's Institute with a view to resuscitating the club which had been in existence for only a few years around the turn of the century. The meeting agreed to approach Lord Loudoun with reference to the ground at the Gowf Field in order to form the new Club. The Earl agreed to rent the ground.