In 1906, Bishop's brother-in-law, William McAlpine, built Ravenscourt. He constructed a golf course and tennis courts in front of the Hall and a squash court and riding stables at the back. There was a sunshine recorder at the golf course. McAlpine left Ravenscourt in 1920.
More building took place in Wellknowe Road, Braehead Road and Peel Road, the latter by speculative builders. Local pilot, Major Geoffrey Moore, made a landing beside Peel Road in the early 1930s. In 1939 Bishop sold Thorntonhall and the advent of World War II in 1939 changed Thorntonhall for all time.