The following private courses have ben identified in Morayshire:
Altyre House. Course appears on 1905 Ordnance Survey map.
The owner, Sir William Gordon Cummings, 4th Baronet and Chief of the Clan Cumming, was a keen sportsman who was proficient at a number of sports, including golf. He was a staunch supporter nd Patron of the Forres Golf Club. It was undoubtedly he who had the course at Altyre house laid out for his personal use..
Lossiemouth. “Furnished House, Stotfield. Lossiemouth, over looking Moray Firth and golf course, to be let for Easter Holidays and May, June and July. There are 14 bedrooms. Four reception rooms, including inner hall, and ample servants’ offices. Small golf course within the grounds. Apply to Mrs Paterson, Merchant, Stotfield, Lossiemouth, or to the subscribers. Allan & Black, Solicitors, Elgin” (ADJ 3.3.1920)
Tulchan Lodge, by Advie. “It is expected that His Royal Highness the Duke Of York will open a new golf course at Tulchan Lodge, Strathspey, during the course of his visit next week to Mr Arthur Sassoon. The Duke also awaits a delivery of clubs from a well known maker from Fife.” (GET 21.8.1896)