Glasgow Herald, July 8th, 1894
Prestwick St Nicholas Ladies Golf Club. Instituted 1893. “The Ladies St Nicholas Golf Club was formally opened on Saturday. The club has been formed under the auspices of the St Nicholas Club, and the course of nine holes is that over which the members played for many years, and is well-known to golfers. The club starts under very favourable conditions, the members enrolled being 105, and with a large number of season members the financial part of the undertaking relieves the executives of any fears of its success. A commodious clubhouse has been erected for the convenience of the members, and an additional attraction thus provided for summer visitors to this health resort.” (GH 7.1894)
Note : The ladies would play on this course until 1935.