This branch line would encroach on Catrine's 2nd course ( Damn Nuisances )
Pyet Ha Golf Club, Instituted 1891. Members of the club: Dr David Sloan, Lieut-Colonel Hugh Ewing, Rev Aeneas C Gordon, Rev James M Copland, Rev Henry Cunningham-Begg, Messrs John W Patterson, William Park, John Kemp, John Beveridge, John Monie, John Auld, and James Craig.
On the 12th April 1892 the club presented Mr William Park (who is also a member) with a handsome marble timepiece, as an acknowledgement of his kindness in granting the use of his field to the club.” (CCSA 1892)’
The club had to disband in 1893 when the land was required for grazing.
Catrine Golf Club, Instituted 1894. “Catrine golf club held their annual meeting in the house of Mr John McKay, St Germain Street, on Thursday evening, 20th instant – Dr D. Sloan in the chair. A.M. Brown Esq., Gryffe Castle, was unanimously elected hon. President, Lieut. Colonel Ewing, Vice President : Mr J. Findlay, Treasurer : Mr John Auld, Secretary : members of committee, Dr D. Sloan, Messrs John Kemp, James Craig, and John Monie. This popular game will undoubtedly become a favourite here, and its membership increase.” (CE 28.9.1894)
This club existed until 1903 when it had to fold because part of the land was required for the Catrine Brach railway line.
“This course was lost when the land was required for grazing, and a portion of the second course was taken up by the Catrine Branch Railway in 1903. Since then the golfers here were without a course.” (ASH 2.9.1910)
It can be seen that there were many members common to both clubs, so while they could have been the same club, it is more likely that the change of location caused the change of name.