Rothesay Chronicle December 29th, 1888
The Academical club have had a course of three holes laid out on their grounds at Blairmein, and play has been going on busily during the past few weeks. The ground is not very suitable, but for purposes of practice it is very serviceable, and is much more convenient than the regular links at Kingarth.
Note : The course at Kingarth was in 1888, the only existing course on the island, and the above group would have played their medal rounds at Kingarth, whilst playing or practicing outwith competitions on this shorter and more convenient course. This course was probably disbanded when the first Rothesay course at Westlands was laid out in 1891.