Latheron Wheel Golf Club, Instituted 1895. A 10-hole course on Shore Park, laid out by Mr McHardy for Mrs Meilour, Latheron Mains. (JOGJ 12.7.1895)
"This club has had a 10-holed course, laid out by Chief Constable McHardy, on the Shore Park, the use of which has been kindly granted them by the new tenant of Latheronwheel Mains ( Mr Malcolm. )
The members have gone into practice with the view of being proficient enough to challenge the golf clubs in other parts of the county, which they hope to do."