Torphin Hill golf course
Note : This club used the hill from 1890 to 1892, and is not to be confused with the Torphin Hill club which followed on the same ground in 1902. The text below is taken from an article on the opening of Torphin Hill golf course.
From the Edinburgh Evening News, December 23rd, 1902
It will not be the first time in its history that Torphin Hill has been used as a golf course. Twelve years ago or thereby a small club mainly composed of Juniper Green residents, had a nine-hole course laid down there, covering pretty much the same ground now proposed to be utilised by the federation. The club continued in possession of the hill for two seasons, but abandoned it when the grounds at Baberton were acquired and the present Baberton golf club came into existence.