Forgotten Golfing Greens Of Scotland
 Forgotten Golfing Greens Of Scotland

Fidra Island

Dirleton, Fidra.

Fidra Course.

 

    "A 9 hole course laid out in 1931 by local village golfing enthusiasts, north east of the village alongside the Ware Road.  There was no greenkeeper, each of the holes being tended by a family in Dirleton. In early days villagers took it in turn to take a mower and box down to the course on a wheelbarrow. Later, a small hut was built in the Mains Farm wood and a couple of old mowers rested there.  Interest in the course began to decline in 1935 when the Archerfield course was opened to all the residents in Dirleton, and closed down in 1939." (GGD)

 

Print Print | Sitemap
forgottengreens.com