What a location for a clubhouse !!
Oban Times April 24th, 1894
Tighnabruiach Golf Club. 1. Instituted 1894. A 9-hole coursee on the Ardlamont Estate, within easy walking of the village.
“Through the energetic efforts of a few gentlemen in the neighbourhood of Tighnabruaich and district, a Golf Club has been formed, and a good course of nine holes has been prepared and completed. The course is situated on Ardlamont estate, within two miles of Tighnabruaich Pier and one mile of Auchenlochan Pier, Kames Pier being within a few minutes walk from the starting point, and as it is situated on hilly ground, a splendid view of the far famed Kyles of Bute and Loch Fyne and neighbourhood can be, while the breeze from the water will tend in warm weather to cool the most enthusiastic golfer. It is expected that the new golf links will be an additional attraction to the numerous visitors. Mr Chalmers, Copeswood, Auchenlochan, is secretary.” (OT 21.4.1894)
Last mentioned 1901.
Type out Tignabruaich 2 from scotsman 1907
Sheila brandishing the mashie at Tighnabruiach